ARMR2 Mooching Reel
Anti-Reverse, Disk Drag
The ARMR2 and MR2 is THE reel of choice for guides in the Pacific Northwest and coastal British Columbia. We are quite confident in saying that there is no match for the Islander ARMR2 and MR2 in the salmon mooching market today.
The ARMR2 is the anti-reverse model of the popular MR2 and incorporates many of the same features. The differance is, when the fish makes a run, the handles of the ARMR2 stand still. This model of mooching reel is popular among less experienced anglers and professionals who rely on the use of their hands for a living.
Spool and Drag
Ideal for downrigging, the ARMR2 features a frame-side free spool lever that places the spool into a drag-less mode, allowing for quick drops to a desired depth. The drag is adjusted on the spool side, and offers a wide range of drag pressures to slow down and even stop that next record fish that gets hooked up.
- Free-spool/Drag Lever – Unique to the ARMR2 and MR2, the free-spool lever allows the user to completely disengage the drag.
- Delrin® Handles – Every ARMR2 comes with two contoured Delrin® handles. Delrin® is a light, wear-resistant engineering plastic that can withstand almost any environment.
- Spool-side Drag Adjustment – The spool-side drag adjustment knob is buttery smooth and infinitely adjustable.
- Right Hand Only – Because of the free-spool design, the ARMR2 cannot be configured for left hand retrieve.
|4.25 in||1.0 in||16.3 oz||Backing plus 350 yds of 20 lbs monofilament|
Line Recommendations – Because of ductile nature of monofilament, Islander recomends filling two-thirds of the spool with #50 dacron backing, and then filling the last third of the spool with monofilament.
* Backing capacities are subject to the style of backing used.
Limited 2 Year Warranty
Islander offers a limited 2 year warranty against manufacturer defects. For a period of two years after the date of purchase, Islander Reels warrants this reel against any failure due to defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty is valid only if the reel has been cleaned and maintained according to the Maintenance Instructions. This warranty applies to the original purchaser only. This warranty does not cover normal wear, misuse, or loss. Nor does this warranty cover damage due to: improper use or improper assembly, improper/inadequate cleaning or improper/inadequate maintenance.
Cautionary Note: It is recommended that mono-filament line be removed from the line cavity of the spool every once in a while to relax the line and remove pressure from the spool walls.