LX Fly Reels
By special order:
Blue Pink Black Clear Slate
The LX is arguably the finest reel that we have ever developed. Every aspect of the LX has been refined until there is little room for improvement.
The level of engineering skill in the design and manufacture of the LX becomes apparent the moment you pick one up. It’s so light! The largest LX tips the scales a shade under 10 ounces.
Next you will notice the aesthetic appeal, both visual and tactile. From the gently contoured palming rim to its highly polished stainless steel drawbar and counterweight. Not only does it do its job exceedingly well; it looks good doing it! The super-smooth “stop-a-truck” drag is provided by Islander’s proven Teflon and graphite-impregnated cork drag disc. By turning the silky smooth frame-side adjustment knob, you can modify the drag to a setting that most suits your style.
Spool and Drag
Every LX fly reel is designed with a large arbor spool to enhance retreval speed and reduce the need for backing. The spool (and frame) are heavily ported to reduce weight without compromising structural integrity. The LX Series also has a large hardcoat anodized aluminum clutch with graphite impregnated cork drag surface for buttery smooth action and enough stopping power to straighten a hook.
- Dymondwood® Handle – Every LX model of fly reel comes with a Dymondwood® handle. Dymondwood® is a dense, resin-stabilized hardwood that resists swelling and wear, while maintaining the beauty and feel of a natural hardwood.
- Counter Ballanced Spool – To keep the reel stable during high-speed runs, every LX spool is both externally and internally counterweighted, which balances the mass of the handle assembly and the clicker assembly.
- Drag Adjustment – The frame-side drag adjustment knob is buttery smooth and infinitely adjustable.
- Right or Left Hand – Easy conversion between right and left hand retrieve without tools.
* Backing capacities are subject to the style of backing used.
Exotic (Gelspun) style backings can increase capacity by a general rule of thumb:
You can increase capacities by 15% using flat or oval backing.
You can increase capacity of 20# by 75% and 30# by 50% using Gelspun etc.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
For the lifetime of the original purchaser, Islander Reels warrants this reel against any failure due to defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty is valid only if the reel has been cleaned and maintained according to the Maintenance Instructions. This warranty applies to the original purchaser only. This warranty does not cover normal wear, misuse, or loss. Nor does this warranty cover damage due to improper use or improper assembly, improper/inadequate cleaning or improper/inadequate maintenance. This warranty will cover bearing wear and replacement for a period of two years.
Cautionary Note: Islander does not recommend the use of monofilament on fly fishing reels. Use of monofilament on fly reels may result in spool warping (deforming) and may void any warranty.