MR3 Mooching Reel
Large Arbor, Disk Drag
The Islander MR3 is the premier salmon mooching reel. It is the result of years of research and development based upon the input of dealers, guides, and pro-staff. Single action reels have long been the choice of most experienced guides and premier lodges on the west cost of British Columbia. Throughout its history, Islander has gained a reputation for longevity and reliability across the fishing community.
Continuing in the Islander tradition of the single action reel, the MR3 utilizes Islanders impressive silky smooth drag system. The large sculptured drag knob easily controls the drag under all conditions. A wide range of adjustment allows the angler to choose just the right amount of pressure to subdue even the most ambitious finned adversary.
Spool and Drag
The MR3 incorporates a large arbor spool for quicker line pickup; this also eliminates the need for backing as filler. Inside the reel, the spool runs on three large, fully sealed, stainless steel ball bearings. The drag is supplied by a large 3-inch clutch, which uses a double pawl system for positive clutch lock up. The drag is adjusted from the spool side, hence the nickname “Knuckle-buster”, which happens if the angler is not quick enough moving their hand when the fish makes a run for freedom.
- Oversized Handles – Two oversized, contoured, Delrin® handles. Delrin® is a light, wear-resistant engineered plastic that can withstand almost any environment. There are also flat, paddle style handles available as an option.
- Sculpted Dragknob – The spool-side sculpted dragknob is buttery smooth and infinitely adjustable.
- Right Or Left Hand – The MR3 is easily converted to either left or right-hand retrieve.
- Ported or Solid – Available with a ported or solid back frame (shown left).
* Capacities are subject to the style of line used.
Limited 2 Year Warranty
Islander offers a limited 2 year warranty against manufacturer defects. For a period of two years after the date of purchase, Islander Reels warrants this reel against any failure due to defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty is valid only if the reel has been cleaned and maintained according to the Maintenance Instructions. This warranty applies to the original purchaser only. This warranty does not cover normal wear, misuse, or loss. Nor does this warranty cover damage due to: improper use or improper assembly, improper/inadequate cleaning or improper/inadequate maintenance.
Cautionary Note: It is recommended that mono-filament line be removed from the line cavity of the spool every once in a while to relax the line and remove pressure from the spool walls.